It’s Monday. Every Monday matters.
It’s a new day. There’s plenty to learn. The opportunities are abundant. And in every moment lies new possibilities.
This excites me. This fuels me. This inspired me to write. Just now. So I am.
So… I have something to share with you. I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people recently. A lot. And it’s been a real blessing to have these opportunities to meet.
Living in this current technological era, connections are made easily available and are literally at our fingertips. This is true right? It’s just a matter of taking your time to connect with the right people, at the right time and that vibe with you for your highest good.
I have learned some significant lessons recently about people. And I’d like to share them with you as a reminder… just in case you have forgotten.
I’ve learned that…
- People are different, every single person is different
- People have their own needs and expectations
- People have their personal intentions and are out to fulfill those for themselves
- People are inspired by various aspects of life including things, places, situations, experiences and each other
- People have their very own beliefs, and will usually stand by them
- People fear, some fear a lot
- People have desires, some are never ending
- People need to be loved and cared for, that’s usually their highest need other than the essentials like food, water and etc.
- People have feelings, and sometimes feelings are hard to read and can change over time
- People learn, grow and change in every moment
- People have the capacity to be compassionate
- People like to give and receive
- People are sometimes complex, sometimes simple, sometimes lost and trying to navigate their way in the right direction
- People are wise
- People have so much to share, most don’t even realise this
- People communicate in so many different ways
- People are sensitive
- People like to judge
- People remember, some remember everything and others remember little
- People are wired differently
- People have different values
- People make mistakes, some big and some small
- People are doing the best that they can
- People need people
So why have I listed the above? Well, to remind myself about what I’ve learned recently really. I’m not here to tell you anything you don’t know. I’m here to remind you.
To be honest, life grounds me every time I think about what I have learned recently and these learnings and realisations dictate the way I treat and interact with others. It keeps me present. It keeps me true. It keeps me real.
Because of my recent encounters, I’ve learned to be more caring. I’ve learned to be more sensitive. I’ve learned to gauge feelings and sentiments with care. I’ve learned to respect others for who they are and what they believe in. I’ve learned to forgive. I’ve learned to let people be themselves and not how I want them to be or expect them to be. I’ve learned to be open. I’ve learned to better communicate. I’ve learned to accept. I’ve learned not to expect. I’ve learned that every single person is doing the best that they possibly can in that moment. I’ve learned so much about why people need people.
The next time you connect with someone, I encourage you to think about some of the above lessons that I’ve learned. And apply it to your own encounters and situations. It may in fact influence, change or determine the way you connect with them, keeping in mind some of these truths.
Our stories are nothing without people. People teach us so much, a wealth of information is built when you bring a group or even a couple of people together. Simply through sharing.
What will you share next? Who will you share it with? How will this improve your quality of life?
I am keen to know your thoughts.