It’s my birthday month everyone! 33 laps around the sun and counting… and it has been one mammoth journey so far. Plus it’s a ‘palindromic’ age so it is bound to be a stellar year right?
I’ve been pre-occupied lately with my full-time work and part-time study and I have truly missed my reflective journaling sessions. I have been chasing my tail with a busy work and study schedule, stressed, anxious, bewildered and overwhelmed. It’s been an interesting few months (to say the least!) and I am slowly settling into my new lifestyle of juggling multiple commitments. It has been awhile since I have had a full plate of commitments so here we go again!
What has 33 laps around the sun taught me? Here are my top 10 insights from my journey thus far.
- The most important thing you can learn to do is to love yourself.
- There will (and in most cases) always be a tomorrow… but don’t let that stop you from starting something truly special today.
- Hold tight and treasure your closest family and friends. They will see you through the roughest and toughest times.
- Never take anything for granted. Every single moment is a blessing.
- Stay present always. In a heartbeat, everything around you can change, for better or worse. Live in ‘the now’.
- Adopt a learning mindset. There is always something new to learn. And you don’t know what you don’t know. Stay curious!
- Accept everything as it comes. Fighting fate won’t do you any favours. Everything passes in time.
- Trust your gut. It always knows. Always!
- Don’t compare yourself or your situation to others. Your own journey is unique and special. Don’t tarnish it with the pressures and expectations of others.
- Forgiveness is a superpower. Let go and let love.
I hope these lessons resonate with you in some shape or form and act as a reminder of how precious life truly is. I am excited to see and experience what the coming year has to offer and to embrace 365 days of newness. Bring on 2020!